Monday, March 9, 2009

Saturday night's semi-final win

Hello, Bulldog fans. It's been awhile, so I thought I'd drop a line.

While it is incredibly nice to be on Spring Break, it is even better to be spending a good part of it at home...for two reasons: 1) I live in Carmel, so I'm 20 minutes from Hinkle Fieldhouse, and 2) I live in Carmel, so I'm 20 minutes from Hinkle Fieldhouse!! Needless to say, I'll be at Tuesday night's conference final game...I'm also recording it on the house DVR. One can never get enough of Butler Basketball.

It's exciting to think that the Dawgs could secure another solid NCAA tournament seed with just one more win, and it's even more exciting to think that the same squad will be back next year to defend whatever success they find in the coming weeks of college hoops.

Tuesday night's game will be the third BU-Cleveland State meeting this season, and it will also be a rematch of last season's conference tournament final. Butler won the 07-08 tournament matchup, 70-55. This year's game, however, will be more competitive, I think. The two BU wins in the 08-09 regular season were by two points each...one off of a Zach Hahn buzzer-beating three and one off of a halted Viking advance at Hinkle Fieldhouse. The coming final game goes down at 9 p.m. EST and will be broadcast on ESPN.

P.S. For those who watched/heard about Shelvin Mack's leg injury, per information from student assistant Erick Brown, the leg issue was cramp-related, not a medical injury so to speak. Mack is said to be ready for the final conference game. You can read Erick's stories on the men's basketball team (as well as other stories on all BU athletics) in the Dawgnet Sports section at http://www.dawgnetnews.com/index.php/sports.

Thanks for reading.
Go Dawgs!!

No comments: