Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Letter from Spike to the Officials

Dear Don Daily, Kip Kissinger and Jerry Heater,

Thank you for the excellent job you did on Saturday officiating the game. You had a mission to ensure that we, the Missouri Valley, team won the game and you did it perfectly. I was very impressed that you never changed course despite the abundant displeasure expressed by the sellout crowd. Without every single questionable call or no call going our way, I know we would not have won the game. I have sent a letter to the Missouri Valley Conference recommending that you receive a bonus for your fine work. I have also put each of you on my Christmas card list. I will be sending you a Christmas card with a $1,000 check in it to each of you later this year.

Love,

Spike
Mascot, Drake University



Note: This is for humor only.

8 comments:

LicensedtoPill said...

refs wouldn't have mattered if BU had played its top game. Every possession had to have a score in that game- work on that and we'll do even better in March

(not that officiating isn't always a topic of concern).

Sarah Arntz said...

I agree with Kate, some calls sucked but the fact that we didn't score in the last five minutes clearly hurt us bad, bad enough now we dropped to being ranked 13-14. guess we are overrated after all....

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I don't like that negative attitude! haha But, seriously, I still say that we're not overrated.

Sarah Arntz said...

haha, great negative attitude alright! I know, I agree, I was just trying to come off as sarcastic, I will never think their overrated, I just think AP and ESPN suck.

Anonymous said...

agreed!

Anonymous said...

You guys are dumb. The refs took this game. No matter how hard we played, we would have lost. This was the worst officiated game I have ever saw. I knew at the beginning of the second half we would lose, and I NEVER expect BU to lose. Anddy

Sarah Arntz said...

You can't completely blame the officials. If we had made any points at all in the final five minutes, then that would have helped, but Drake is too good of a team to not make any points. And they called some lousy calls, but they were overall fair. Why don't you try getting out there and officiating it yourself?

Tim Maurer said...

For the record the poor officiating is on of the reason why we lost in my opinion. The other reason is the Drake Bulldogs out performed the Butler Bulldogs.