Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Wonderful night... for me

The Bulldogs won. Vandy won. I couldn't be happier.

Not only did the Dawgs win, but, for those of you who were in school when UWM used to dominate the Horizon League under Bruce Pearl in my freshman year and then following that up the next season... I always love beating UWM, especially at home and especially after the Horizon League championship two years ago.

As for my Dores, they handed Kentucky its worst loss in SEC play and finished with their largest margin of victory over the Cats at 41 points. Damn that felt good. Bring on the Vols and Bruce Pearl now! I just can't understand for the life of me how Vandy is a projected 10 seed for the NCAA tourney. WTF... how much do they pay analysts to be idiots? ... probably as much as they pay weather forecasters to be wrong.

No matter what, it's a good night for me. I would love to see Vandy and Butler meet in the Final Four or even the national championship... and on a night like tonight I can dream that dream.

For those of you who don't care about Vanderbilt, let me know who your favorite team(s) (outside of our beloved Dawgs) is and how they're doing.

P.S. I think Purdue and Indiana should schedule games against Butler. How can they claim to be the best in this state when neither will play the No.9 team in the country barely an hour away from each institution! Gotta be scurred.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not gonna lie, I don't give two flying hoots about any other college basketball team. I stick with my one love. I can say, however, that I do LOVE to HATE on Texas A&M, Marquette, and Wright State. Obviously, I also harbor a deep-rooted desire to beat up on Notre Dame, Purdue, and Indiana...but that's not as fiery of a hate.

Regardless, GO DAWGS!!!

Sarah Arntz said...

I am happy for Vandy though, after losing several SEC games, they finally pounded it back into Kentucky, lets hope it is the same for Florida.

Anonymous said...

Being from Nashville I'm also happy to see Vandy doing well. But I grew up at UT fan so I'll prob. cheer for them against Vandy. As for my other favorite team-they're doing pretty well for themselves. 22-1, 10-0 ACC, #2 in the country. Yep I'm a Duke fan.