Friday, February 22, 2008

Now something fun...

I really don't have much to say about the team at this point in the season, but I was wondering who's everybody's favorite player?

Dawg Pounders, maybe you could work something out where we rally in groups for our favorite players during the Horizon Leagure tournament coming up... maybe have a group sitting together that goes bananas when A.J. hits a shot or makes a great play. I don't know, but we have some planning to do since the tourney's in our backyard.

On to business -- My favorite player has got to be Mike Green.

Before Mike, we really struggled for leadership within the offense and as a team. Avery Sheets was a great player, but he wasn't nearly as explosive and as clutch as Mike has proven to be in tough games. I'm sorry Avery. You were a great player, and I appreciate all the effort you left on the court.

Mike's also a great person... at least he appears to be from my limited interaction with him. When I approached him about the blog, he said 'sure' without a hesitation and has consistently responded every time I've asked him to. Every time I've talked with him one-on-one he's been great.

Brandon Crone also really grew on me last year with his great play late in the season, but I digress.

So, you have my two cents, give me yours! Who's your favorite? And the entire team is a great answer too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are a Crone fan as well. He grew on me also at the end of last season. I miss seeing his passion and intensity. I think only Julian could match him in that department.

But, as of our current team, my favorite player is easily Pete. Nothing gets me more riled up in a game than when Pete sinks a 3. I just have too many fond memories of him hitting big 3's (think last year's NCAA tournament or the Valpo game this year).

LicensedtoPill said...

I have to choose one?!?!?!

Probably Green or Campbell.

But I love it when Howard or Streicher dunk it!

Silent Cal said...

We are new Butler fans. Wife and I are IU fans living in Florida.
We like the fact Butler recruits from the state of Indiana, play good sound basketball. We wish they were IU.
Go Dogs.

john and dr. linda peterson, ozona, florida

Tim Maurer said...

My vote is for Pete Campbell because he makes a huge impact despite the fact that he is not a starter.

Sarah Arntz said...

I am going to go with....a tie for Pete Campbell and Matt Howard cause they are both awesome and step up when the time calls for it.